Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day Two - Daily Tasks


One of the tasks proposed with the mentoring program is to paint a still life each day. I am going to take the term "paint" a bit loosely and try to at least do a drawing a day. This should help with my time management issues as well as keeping my skills up.

This is a fairly quick, and unfinished drawing. Just graphite on paper.


Jennifer sent some photos of her work in progress as well as a piece she finished recently. Beautiful and contextual. (that word just came out of the blue, but I'm using it to mean that the figure/portraits are set in real locations. Giving them a sense of time and space.)


I have a commission that I need to get started on in the next week or so. Although it is a watercolor piece, it will be a perfect opportunity to work on the "contextuality". Ha!

It is a portrait of a brother and sister and I am working from the customer's photos. More soon.