Friday, October 15, 2010

Day One - Phone Meeting


Today, I spoke to Jennifer Welty on the phone for the first time. What a pleasure! She will be my mentor for the process. We will be working together for 9 months, setting goals and working towards them. Right now. the plan is to talk on the phone weekly, plus emails regularly throughout the week. Also, we hope to meet at least once during the time.

I have not yet received the packet from the Cecilia Beaux group who coordinated this process, so I imagine some of my expectations will evolve.

I'm setting up this blog as a bit of a journal, tho rather public, of the process and my progress.

Today, I'll post a photo of the portrait I have been working on for the last couple of months. I still see about 2 weeks of work left in it. The photo is not great, either. But I need to work on the edges, the shape of the eye on the right, the hair, add a gold chain, etc.

One of the projects I've been tasked with is to work on painting a still life a day. We'll see. I'm going to work on something this afternoon. I may work on drawing, or painting. But I will try to post daily (M-F) on the progress.

This is all very exciting and I have caught a bit of Jennifer's enthusiasm! It will be a wonderful journey.





No comments: