Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day Seven - Some good strong coffee needed


I started an oil "sketch" of the Turkish coffee pot, torn between a simple poster study/color study and a full fledged painting. It is now in the early stages and I hope to get finer details and more true lighting tomorrow. Back to my old contact lens for the moment and that helps some.
For the mentoring process, I now need to come up with a couple of concrete goals for the next 9 months. Tough to limit them, but I need to focus.

3 comments:

Trevor Burrowes said...

What's the goal behind the one-painting-daily plan?

Deborah Allison said...

The goal is generally getting folks to be comfortable painting from life. For me, it is the discipline. The daily routine at Tony's class made a tremendous impact on my work and I'm hoping to restart that process.

Trevor Burrowes said...

It's a worthy goal. And what you are doing by posting daily work on the blog is an added layer of "art" and discipline. It makes me think I should post on my blog every day. As to art production, you have an enviably clear project: the realistic portrayal of something in the world on a daily basis! I wish I had a similarly clear daily art project. :-)