Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 18 - Learning Project



It has taken me a while to get into the swing of things, but I've finally started making progress on the main mentoring project. I took lots of photos of my very favorite model (my husband) in different poses and locations. It was a good learning tool, just to review the photos. What makes a good portrait photo? Lighting, expression, stance...etc. And it may take a number of photos together to create the best portrait.

So after a number of sessions, it looks like a standing pose in the antique shop is the best. So I've done an 18 x 24 drawing, loosely exploring the values etc. Then, through the magic of computers, I've enlarged it to the 36x48 size I will be attempting. If I am still happy with it at that size, I will transfer the main elements to the toned canvas.

No comments: