Friday, May 20, 2011

Week 32 - Time is flying!

I've been working on "Antiques" this week; adding more of the stuff/junk/antiques to the background. A bit surprised at how much it seems to add a sense of space.

Still talking to my mentor each week and I've been given good advice about my portfolio as well as help with planning and dealing with clients.

Need to be in touch with my next commission client and set up a photo shoot. Really excited about the work I have coming up!

Next week or later in June we will deliver the framed painting of the rancher. Really enjoyed painting that one!

3 comments:

Trevor Burrowes said...

Very luminous. My, what a LARGE hat on the upper left! I guess they wear 'em large in Texas. :-)

Deborah Allison said...

Actually, it is a sombrero and yes, a very large hat. And it is funny that you just now are remarking about it...at the same time you were typing, I was repainting it and toning it down. Your observations are on the mark.

Trevor Burrowes said...

Hah! It's getting to be a hat that knows its place. Sombrero! Pardon me. Nice going.