Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week 31 - Fine tuning



Phew, it has been ages since last posting. In the meantime, I've attended part of the Portrait Society Conference in Atlanta, the Hunting Art Prize Gala in Houston, judged a show in Odessa, TX, finished teaching the pastel class at the museum and evacuated due to wildfires around our town. Can't say I've painted a lot, but am certainly learning! About painting, competitions, and life in general.


Yesterday I had almost a whole day of painting in the studio and I feel like much was accomplished! Thought I might have finished the commission piece. However, this morning when I photographed it outside I saw some areas that need touching up. But overall, I'm content. There was a lot of back and forth on the background, trying lighter, darker, softer, or more distinct. And at the moment, I like this the best. I'll touch it up and then let it sit a few days before thinking about getting it to the customer.

No comments: