Monday, May 30, 2011

After the Framing


Phew! Delivered the painting. Because this blog is for following the mentoring process, I'll let you in on the process. Jennifer told me a bit about how she orchestrates her unveilling and I followed a few of the tips.


We brought a display easel and a piece of black velvet to the residence. We had champagne ready but were thrilled to find that they were ready to celebrate themselves and had chilled some bubbly, too! We had them out of the room to set up the painting. When they returned, I toasted the client and the process and then dropped the velvet covering the framed piece.


I think they were very happy. She was surprised at the likeness and he was thrilled that I was able to put in the spurs and his brand. They are a lovely couple and I'm a bit disappointed that she doesn't want her own portrait...she is beautiful! Ah well.


Now I will follow-up with a thank you note!

No comments: