Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 22 - Commission work

Switched back to my commission work for a bit. They are the clients!
I move the drawing on the canvas to the left some, changed out the saddlehorn and will be painting some spurs wrapped around the saddle horn. Did a very rough wash-in with diluted oil paint.
Now I'm working on the "form painting". And loving it. Working very intimately with turning the small forms. I'll certainly need to get a bit more color into the skin, but I'm pleased with how it is taking shape.
Still need a camel hair jacket for some photo work.

2 comments:

Trevor Burrowes said...

Wonderful! I don't quite understand the verdant backdrop, but I'm sure that will get clear very soon. You are great at drawing/rendering, color, and composition!!!! Look at you!...as they say.

krista said...

Lovely work, as per normal!