Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 25 - A bit of playing around


I set up this still life and started with a very strange, very smooth panel. (Speedball Gessoed Art Panel). It was like painting on "Yupo" or mylar. So I needed to pile the paint on a bit thicker than usual. And after a while I was playing with some effects. I realized later that the perspective seems a bit weird and flattened. Even later, I realized that I'd had the wrong contact in my left eye and I wasn't using it. I know, any excuse.

I'm actually kind of fond of the piece. Another aspect of my multiple personalities.

1 comment:

Trevor Burrowes said...

This is even more reminiscent, in color anyway, of a Morandi still life. It made me think of Manet also. While Morandi is a modernist, and abstracts his objects, his compositions and subtle emotional tone are priceless.