Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 24 - It is the Process, Right?


Part of this process is self-discovery and exposure. So here goes. I'm setting myself up. I have proposed a project and it has been accepted with enthusiasm! Yippee!

Now I'm going to have to do it! Oh No! I will reveal the details as we go foreward, but for now I will only say that it entails a number of quick portraits from life. Quick?

They will be in 3 - 4 hour sessions with a sitter. So I knew I needed practice. I've been working on long detailed pieces so this "quick" sketch is going to be a challenge.

Sunday, I decided to get going on the practice and was able to convince my favorite model (husband) Wayne to sit for a bit.

I love the process! I love painting! But I am often disappointed in the results. But because I have made the committment to tracking this whole thing, it means the bad with the good.

Hope it gets better.

1 comment:

Trevor Burrowes said...

I'm impressed by how much you get done in a short time!!! It is truly remarkable. My Aonly criticism is that Ahe center line seems too far to my left. Same crit I had with father in father/son duet.